Palmitoylethanolamide is a chemical, which is mainly made from fat. This is mainly found in some of the foods such as egg yolks, soy lecithin, peanuts, soybeans,and in the case of the human body. This is also used as a medicine.
Top facts to know about the working of Palmitoylethanolamide
Palmitoylethanolamide, which is otherwise known as the PEA, mainly activates the energy-boosting and anesthetic PPAR alpha. By activating this key ingredient, PEA stops the pro-inflammatory genes’ activity and thus the production of different inflammatory substances.
PEA also reduces the occupation of the bliss gene FAAH, which breaks down the natural cannabinoid anandamide. This helps to increase the amount of calming anandamide in the body. This also helps to reduce pain and increase relaxation.
Benefits of the Palmitoylethanolamide to know about
- This mainly helps to reduce pain. This mainly helps in the reduction of lower back pain.
- Palmitoylethanolamide with luteolin helps in improved recovery. It has a beneficial effect on cognitive skills, better brain health, pain, and daily functioning.
- Both with luteolin and alone, PEA prevented Parkinson’s disease in mice, reduced the brain’s damage, and protected the dopamine neurons.
- This also supports better eye health. PEA is also helpful for protecting the nerve cells that might not be restricted to the brain. Healthy nerves in the eyes are mainly essential for maintaining proper vision.
- According to some of the clinical studies, PEA helps improve the symptoms of depression in the case of animals.
- PEA mainly helps in reducing any unfavorable effects and pain. This also helps in improving the quality of life. The supplement also helps in increasing the blood levels of PEA and anandamide.
Safety precautions for the Palmitoylethanolamide
One should consult with their doctor before taking this supplement, PEA. The FDA has not yet approved this product for any medical use. Some of the limited sources suggest that PEA is safe for consumption. PEA is mainly advised between 300-600 mg to be consumed twice a day or 1200 mg/day. The pregnant and lactating mothers should consult with their health care provider before consuming this supplement.
Palmitoylethanolamide is also produced in the body, to reduce any pain and inflammation. More studies are required for the treatment of neuropathic pain. Detailed research is mainly required to determine the exact mechanism of PEA and its long-term safety.